Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I QUIT!!!!! So I have been pondering a lot the last few days about my habits and choices. I have been so disgusted and ashamed of my behavior over, well over a lifetime actually! I have been an emotional eater for many many years. Food has been my drug of choice for as long as I can remember. Well as I was headed to the Dr. yesterday, I was afraid. I was embarrassed. I was afraid of learning that my habits and bad choices were finally catching up to me in the form of diabetes. I am still waiting to hear back from the Dr. on my sugar levels and if in fact I do have this disease. I am 40 years old. Pathetic!!!! I was worried that he would be disgusted and disappointed in me as a person, even though I have never met this person in my life. Well today I decided I have to do something drastic, so I quit! I have quit many many times in the past, quit working out, quit eating healthy, quit trying, quit believing, etc! Well today I am going to quit feeling sorry for myself! I am going to quit obsessing over what I eat! I am going to quit feeling bad when I fail! I am going to quit giving up when I stumble! I am going to quit telling myself I am hopeless! I am going to quit hating my body! I am going to quit believing that I can't and start believing that I can! I am going to quit listening to others tell me what my worth is! I am going to quit doing things to harm my body and my soul! I am going to quit eating so many of the things that make me feel bad so much! I quit dreaming of what I want and I am working for it instead! I quit trash talking myself and everything I do wrong! I quit giving up on me! I am worth the work and the love that it will take to get myself to a better place. I am worth quitting!!!! I QUIT!!! I know it will take baby steps and work and sweat and tears and failure, but I am quitting! I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment