Monday, January 28, 2013

Run because you have been blessed with the ability.

So I was going to start this week with pictures of my kitchen cupboards that I painted, but I kinda started to think that maybe this week I just need to write. I lost my cousin 2 days ago. She had a disease that made her lose the ability to walk, use her motor skills, and even not be able to talk very well. When I was younger I didn't really understand what this disease would do to her. It is a progressive disease that has developed worse and worse over time. It is kind of strange the attitude I have about her and about special needs people because of her. Even though I didn't understand it all, I never thought of her as being anything but a person. She was just like you or I. She had feelings, dreams, a life just like ours. She had 2 children. She lived a pretty amazing life considering the challenges she faced. I am amazed and inspired by her. I don't remember a time that I saw her that she didn't have a smile on her face. She was beautiful all the way through. My heart is breaking for my Aunt and for my cousins, also for her children and her husband. It will be a very difficult loss. I actually really go to thinking about her this morning in another way. I have been getting fatter and fatter, and lazier and lazier. I read a quote today about how when I want to stop running, I run for those who can't run because I know they would do that for me. I have been so pathetic, not taking advantage of this body I have been blessed with. I am actually pretty healty for the most part. I can walk, I can exercise, I can eat healthy. There are so many other people who are not afforded these privliges. Maybe I should try harder. I started yoga and my elliptical yesterday, a new beginning. It is time for me to appreciate what I have been blessed with.

1 comment: